In a continued effort to furnish dependable electric service to our growing and thriving community, your Light and Power Commission has and is continually upgrading its generating and distribution system. Scroll down the page to read about our evolution!
January 11, 1938
Credit for establishing the Municipal Electric Plant was the City Council, at that time, consisting of W.H. Daniels, Mayor; Max Jumer, President of the Council; George Meyer, Albert Alsleben, John Vorbeck, and Ernest Belliveau, who originally saw fit to establish a power plant. Also receiving credit are F. X. Eickmann, Clerk; Peter Hatz, Treasurer; and W.W. Merrill, Attorney.
Fred would serve until his death in 1942.
Members of the original Light and Power Commission were Max Jumer, President; F.W. Stoeckman, Vice-President; and Alfred Wichelmann, Secretary. The original generating equipment consisted of two engines, one 300 H.P. and one 450 H.P.
The units are installed at two different time that year to meet the ever increasing electrical load of the community. As of today, one of the above units, the 1955 installation, is still in operation. The other units have been removed and larger units installed, along with building additions.
contract was awarded for remodeling of the office area providing offices for the Manager, Office Controller, Line Foreman, and Plant Foreman. A separate Commission meeting room was provided. Central air conditioning and carpeting improved the work additions.
1998 & 2007
With the addition of the two new cat engines, the total generating capacity is now 38,200 KW.
March 15, 2010